Proud to be… 2022 nominations open
What is “proud to be…” a way for us to give to those who do so much for others in our wider community.
We see it as our ability to recognise just some of the very special people who, through their work or very being, make Hornby such a great community gives us immense satisfaction. Often these individuals spend much of their life doing for others and the thought of them accepting something for themselves can be very challenging. In reality, our Proud to Be process not only allows the community to thank and celebrate them but also gives the recipient the experience of what it is like to be on the receiving end of care and Aroha, ultimately enriching their own understanding of those they most often help.
Throughout the years our Proud to Be format has not changed significantly but we too have grown in our understanding and appreciation of these very special individuals who each have their own story, and it has become very clear that it is not the makeover and new wardrobe that is of most value to the recipients but the time they get to spend on themselves, guided by Vicki our stylist.
The 4 selected winners will receive:
- A style experience with our stylist Vicki
- A make-over valued at up to $1000
- The opportunity to take to the runway in front of friends and family to show of their new look
Past recipients have been nominated because of the following:
- Supporting Whanau and students with kia and transport
- Providing veggies to the community
- Overcoming major health challenges and still supporting the family
- Championing the Hornby community and driving project to improve the area
- Running free fitness programmes
- Supporting the organisation and running of local sports
- Helping rescue animals
- Parents and grandparents
So tell us who you would like to nominate in 2022 and why…