The Hub Hornby is committed to providing and maintaining a safe environment by controlling all risks to its customers, other visitors, tenants and employees.
We are dedicated to protecting everyone from harm through consultation and a focus on continual improvement.
The Hub is committed to achieving the highest standard of Health and Safety.
All contractors will be inducted to The Hub rules and regulations. This shall include The Hub Health and Safety management practices.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility and to ensure this is adhered to our standards are listed below:
The Hub aims to:
- Hazard identification and control procedures are operated throughout the shopping centre to prevent injury. All staff must use our reporting process to report accidents, observed new/uncontrolled risks, and near misses as soon as is practicable.
- Consultation with customers, tenants and employees regarding Health and Safety management is valued and occurs regularly and continue offer it health and safety education to all staff.
- All structures and equipment is maintained on a regular programme. If any defect or fault is discovered it must be reported immediately.
- All employees will be provided with the necessary support for the safe and coordinated return to work after an injury.
- All contractors are provided with necessary instructions and training.
- An appropriate standard of personal protective equipment relevant to the task is provided by contractor or employer and is used in the manner intended (usually as described in the instructions provided by the manufacturer.)
- All practicable steps and precautions are taken to ensure the safety of our customers and other visitors.
- Meet all obligations under the Health and Safety in Employment Act 2015, Health and Safety at Work Regulations 2016, Health and Safety in Employment Regulations 1995, Codes of Practice, and any relevant Standards or Guidelines.
- A comprehensive and up-to-date plan for all emergencies is in place.
This health and safety policy shall become effective from 31st August 2020 and shall be reviewed two yearly.
Date: 31st August 2020